Summer is calling, it has a Job for you.
WFU Conference & Event Services offers multiple opportunities for temporary employment during the summer months. We are seeking motivated individuals to provide great customer service for our Wake SHIP, summer camp & conference guests. Our positions offer flexible work schedules, professional development, a fun work environment, and real-life experience in hospitality, guest services, & event management.
Summer Event Coordinator (SEC)
- This position is for WFU students looking for a leadership opportunity and additional responsibilities.
- Includes event supervision, conference prep, on-call hours, evening & weekend hours.
View the full SEC job description & responsibilities
SUMMER EVENT COORDINATOR
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT: May 23-August 1, 2022
HOURS: Variable 37.5 hours work week to include evening and weekend work.
(Not a standard M-F, 9-5 work week)
Positions are considered full-time and do require hours outside of the standard M-F, 9-5 workweek. The Summer Event Coordinator (SEC) will assist in the day-to-day operations of camps and conferences. You will be expected to serve as the liaison to a select group of camps and conferences and routinely follow up with guests to ensure a successful event. This position will require you to work with minors and candidates are required to complete background screenings before employment. Compensation will include hourly wages and housing.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- SECs reside in a residence hall room assigned by the Summer Conference staff. If a staff member leaves the position, s/he must move out of the staff room and will be required to move off-campus.
- SECs may not engage in other paid employment, summer school, or significant volunteer activities without the written permission of the Conference & Event Services Manager. Permission to continue these activities will be withdrawn if there is a conflict with the performance of SEC job responsibilities.
- SECs may not be away from campus without prior permission of the Manager of Conference and Event Services. Staff members are expected to be on campus most weekends.
- Payroll is on a bi-weekly basis and is subject to a schedule published by the Payroll Office.
- SECs report directly to the Manager of Conference & Event Services.
- Place appropriate directional and information signage around campus for conferences.
- Follow up on all sponsor requests in a complete, efficient and timely manner.
- Provide assistance to conference sponsors and participants after normal working hours if necessary or obtain appropriate assistance for them.
- Deliver paperwork to various campus offices and run other errands as needed.
- Attend all staff meetings and training programs as scheduled
- Promptly and efficiently perform required administrative duties such as distribution of mail, posters, and bulletins with careful attention to detail.
- Prepare facilities as necessary for each incoming conference group.
- Be knowledgeable in the area of University policies and procedures and be able to appropriately explain and implement them.
- Be knowledgeable in the area of Summer Conferences, University and community resources, events, and services.
- Provide assistance within the limits of capability and training in an emergency.
- Conduct oneself in such a manner that provides a positive role model on behalf of Wake Forest University to conference guests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide on-call service throughout the summer as Conference Staff.
- When on-call, respond to issues that may arise after normal business hours.
- Contact Conference Manager or Director when necessary for assistance.
- Maintain an accurate log of after-hours problems that occur nightly.
- Communicate effectively with Aramark, Facilities, Residence Life and Housing, and the Conference & Event Services staff to receive and provide daily updates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled student at Wake Forest University *If you are not a current Wake Forest University student, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to perform minimal physical labor.
- Personal qualities that indicate a high potential for success in the position.
- In good standing with the University (i.e. no disciplinary sanctions currently in effect).
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Conscientious, responsible
- Very organized, and detail-oriented
- Strong customer service skills
- Initiative and ability to work independently
- Flexible Schedule
- Ability to work well with peers
- Working knowledge of Wake Forest campus.
Summer Event Coordinator Housing Policy:
- Only the Summer Event Coordinators may reside in the residence hall room assigned by the office of Conference & Event Services. If a staff member leaves the position, they must move out of the staff room and will be required to move off-campus.
- Any staff member who is terminated will move from the assigned space immediately (within 48 hours).
*If you are not a current Wake Forest University student, please forward your resume to email@example.com